1. Large expansion in Govt borrowing expected over next 3 years.
2. Limited appetite for austerity.
3. Public finances focused on Big Three of Health, Police and Benefits.
4. More private sector austerity than public.
5. Outlook tough for charities and social enterprises but variable across sectors depending on exposure.
6. Charities and Social Enterprises outside Big Three naturally more exposed.
7. Don’t expect bespoke schemes for individual sectors – use the big ‘universal’ offers like Furlough – and use it now.
8. As a social leader look to shore up your balance sheet, make your case as a solution and make alliances that makes sense actors sectors.
9. There will be a long tail to the crisis and even orgs that don’t feel affected yet will be 2-3 years down the track so adjust accordingly.
10. Charities with exposure to individual giving and to the stock markets will be hardest hit, those facing public sector in key areas of public / political interest (eg. health) most protected.
This webinar will be available to watch on Youtube here.